Investing in a home is no doubt a demanding venture and it is for that reason that you should ensure that once you have acquired a home and settled in; you do not let it get dilapidated. Regular maintenance of a house and the compound around it is very essential especially because you may need to sell your home after sometime and believe you me, you do not want to sell your home at a painfully lower price after staying in for just a year or two. However, the truth of the matter is that if you are unable to maintain your house and keep it aesthetically appealing, you may just sell house fast out of desperation. This is why it is critically important to stage your house in preparation for a sale.
As its name suggests, staging a house is really all about setting up the stage in preparation for selling your house and it typically involves enhancing the general outlook of the house in order to achieve 3 critical goals that are very important when selling property: selling your house in good time and selling it at the right price.
Everybody who is out looking for a place to call a home will definitely be on the lookout for that one which is worth every penny they intend to spend on it. It is therefore prudent that home owners ensure that improvements and repairs to houses are made where necessary so that the property does not stay in the market for long and also in order for them to get buyers who are willing to purchase the house at the right price.
Below are some of the most important areas that you should look into in case you intend to place your house for sale:
1. The first tip is as simple as cleaning. Before putting up your house for sale, ensure that you have done thorough cleaning in all the rooms. You definitely do not want a situation whereby buyers are turned away by such things as mould growing on the walls of the bathroom or a stinking kitchen sink because that will definitely lower the value of your house or even worse still turn off potential buyers. Therefore ensure that everywhere is sparkling clean.
2 . It is also very important that you enhance the visual appeal of the house and the entire compound if you hope to attract buyers within a short time. For a home, the outlook is everything and therefore you should ensure that the walls are well painted (this is the time to go for those sophisticated and classy colour combinations), lawns well maintained, grass well cut and if you have a swimming pool, you should ensure that it is thoroughly cleaned.
3. Repairs: You should ensure that if you had some parts in the house that need repairs such as broken windows, lampshades or furniture, then they should be either repaired or replaced altogether as appropriate. Fixing leakages and cracked walls should be on top of your priority list because buyers will definitely shun houses that have broken pipes, cracked walls or dysfunctional drainages and plumbing systems.
4. You must ensure that you create an ambience that will get buyers to be instantly attracted to your house. Therefore make sure that your backyard is well maintained and you could even spice things up by putting outdoor seats or contemporary benches in order to add value to your home. This will help buyers in visualising the kind of lifestyle that they will be missing out on should they miss the opportunity of buying your house.
5. Get rid of all the clutter in your house by ensuring that all the furniture, toys and everything else that is not as fancy is removed. This will not only make the rooms more pleasant to look at, but they will also increase space and create an impression that your house is very spacious and has enough room.
6. Open up the closets and clean them thoroughlyand ensure they remain open even when buyers come to take a look at the house.
7. Finally, it is important that you de-personalise the house: All family photos on the walls should be pulled off and the master bedroom should ideally be painted in gender-neutral but classy colours because you never know who might be interested in buying your house.
Regardless of the trouble you go through in staging your house in readiness for selling it, you ought not to worry because the return on your investment will definitely be worth it because enhancing both the interior decor and the exterior will ultimately improve the value of your house and make it a hotcake among the thousands of houses that are up for sale.
Even if you are in we buy any house and are considering using a professional buying company, staging your house will ensure you are made the best possible offer. So before you speak to any potential buyer, get your house in tip top condition. It will impact upon the level of offer a buyer would make.